Mastering Putty for beginners (+ Session Manager, MobaXTerm)
Handy little tool to quickly launch SSH sessions to UNIX/Linux Servers. PLUS.. Amazon AWS Linux Virtual Machine Setup!
What you’ll learn
- Download and Install Putty sofware
- Create and edit profiles in putty
- Customize Putty
- Launch Linux GUI interfaces remotely
- Port Forwarding
- Tips & Best Practices
- Learn PuTTY Session Manager
- Linux Machine (Physical or Virtual)
- Putty Software
- Basic Windows OS skills
PuTTY is an open source SSH and telnet client developed originally by Simon Tatham for the Windows platform. Putty is a light-weight standalone application, that is easy to learn.
In addition, Putty also supports – Rlogin, Raw and Serial connections.
Putty is a well know tool among system and network administrators. However, Putty can be a handy tool for programmers, DBAs, and QA Testers as well, when working with Unix/Linux based systems.
Putty comes with many settings to customize your sessions to your project needs.
- Download and install Putty – Quick way & Installer way.
- Learn to launch duplicate & multiple sessions quickly.
- Establish SSH sessions to the same server with a different/same username.
- Customize & Tune Putty with various settings.
- Use X11 Forwarding to access Linux GUI.
- Automatically SAVE your SSH session to a file.
- Tips & Recommendations (Working on adding more)
- Securely Transfer files
- Using other tools/components that come with Putty
- Understand & Use RSA key-pair for Password-less authentication.
- Create a Linux Virtual Machine (EC2) in AWS & SSH into your own AWS Linux Machine.
- *** NEW *** Learn PuTTY Session Manager
- *** NEW *** Learn MobaXTerm
- Putty Cheatsheet (Coming Soon)