Fundamentals of Computer Forensics
Learn the essential concepts of computer forensics
What you’ll learn
- Learn the key concepts of computer forensics
- File system fundamentals
- Learn about the tools needed to perform examinations
- Indexing and searching and generating a report
- Partitioning a data storage device, acquiring data, and ensuring data integrity with hashing
- Learn about a career in computer forensics
Computer forensics is the practice of collecting, analyzing and reporting on digital data in a way that is legally admissible. It can be used in the detection and prevention of crime and in any dispute where evidence is stored digitally.
In this course, you get an overview of Computer Forensics. It provides a foundation for people new to the field of digital forensics. You’ll learn how to conduct examinations by explaining what digital forensics is, the methodologies used, key technical concepts and the tools needed to perform examinations.
You’ll also learn about the types of investigations it’s used for, and the different specializations within the field. We’ll then get into how to prepare for an investigation; acquire data; make sure data is kept in its original state with software and hardware write blockers; analyze the data, and generate a report.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Computer Forensics