Cisco Packet Tracer Network Simulator Introduction
Introduction to Cisco Packet Tracer for Cisco CCENT/CCNA and CompTIA Network+
What you’ll learn
- Students will learn how to install Cisco Packet Tracer
- Students will learn how to navigate Cisco Packet Tracer
- Students will learn how to add Switches, Routers, and End User Devices to a network topology
- Students will learn how to capture network packets and simulate real network traffic
- Students will learn some basic Cisco CLI network configurations on switches and routers
- Students will build a Small Office Home Office Network
- Students should have a basic understanding of operating a PC or MAC
- Students should have a basic understanding of basic network connectivity
Cisco Packet Tracer is a network simulator that can be utilized in training for Network certifications such as CompTIA Network+ and Cisco CCENT or CCNA Certification Exams. The software allows students to create virtual networks with many different networking devices from switches, routers, end-user devices and even systems integration devices such as security cameras, motion sensors, lights, and alarms.
Like all of my courses – You will LEARN BY DOING which is absolutely the best way to learn networking. I will not only thoroughly go over the Cisco Packet tracer Application but I will also give you the opportunity to follow along with me and build some simple Switching and Routing Labs, and we will briefly discuss some networking fundamentals so you understand what is it we are building!
In addition to traditional networking labs, I will also show you how to set up a lab for any of you System Integrations folks joining this course so you can take full advantage of this powerful application.
Hope you enjoy!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning Networking
- Anyone interested in taking their Cisco CCENT or CCNA Certification Exams
- Anyone interested in taking their CompTIA Network+ Certification Exams