API Development with Postman
Learn API Development with Postman
What you’ll learn
- Learn API Development with Postman
- How to work with a sample API to compose and authenticate requests
- How to view and publish documentation
- How to manage environments and variables
- Understanding of query string parameters request headers and cookies
Postman is used by 6 million developers and more than 200,000 companies to access 130 million APIs every month.
Postman is essentially like a graphical version of the cURL command line utility. cURL provides a rich structure for controlling most aspects of individual HTTP requests. By comparison, Postman gives us a convenient graphical interface for issuing HTTP requests against a website or API.
A postman is a great tool when trying to dissect RESTful APIs made by others or test ones you have made yourself. It offers a sleek user interface with which to make HTML requests, without the hassle of writing a bunch of code just to test an API’s functionality.
In this course, you’ll learn API Development with Postman. We’ll go over the main functionality of Postman and how to best leverage it to enhance your API development experience. You’ll learn how to work with a sample API to compose and authenticate requests, how to view and publish documentation, how to manage environments and variables, and much more.
Who this course is for:
- Developers and Programmers